Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 9, Continued

Well, as I said, there was a lot to day 9.  We broke into teams of 2 and made cannoli and I have to say, that was a fun experience!  You start out with this little ball of dough and then....

It goes through the pasta roller.....DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUH.....


When using a pasta roller, you put your dough through a couple of times on each setting, starting at 1 and working your way up.  This is after twice through the first setting.


and a couple of times through 2...


and 3....


aaaand....4....


and finally, now that it's taking up the entire 6ft (7ft?) table, it's thin enough to cut rounds for cannoli shells!

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of what the shells look like when they're on the form before going into the fryer, but here's what they look like when they come out....


After this they get filled (which I didn't get to do yet) and eaten....mmmm...Cannoli!

Like I said, I had to miss school Friday so I could finish moving (which I did successfully thanks to Mom, Linda, Liza, Vince and Ben!), but there is more to come on Monday and I will be playing catch-up next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment