Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 13 (hmm, maybe THAT'S the problem)

OMG I got NOTHING done today!  I got everything prepped and then burnt my tart crust so I was set back.  I had to make more tart crusts (had the dough, just had to bake it), but then they weren't ready in time to put the filling in and have it done before check off.  I stayed a few minutes late to make more dough since we're doing tarts again tomorrow.  I have a lot to catch up on, I'm hoping to do it this weekend.


This was one of my first tart crusts before I put it in the oven...it looked so hopeful!


I finally got some to come out well!


This is the beginning of the caramel for my nut-caramel tart....it didn't work, I have to start over tomorrow.


Oh yeah, I burned the nuts too.  Tonight was just not my night.


On the bright side, the fruit for my fresh fruit tart looks great!  I can't wait to make that one tomorrow!

Well, hopefully tomorrow is a better day.  Other people were having issues today too...maybe it just wasn't a good day to bake.  Oh well.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment