Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 11

I didn't get a whole lot done today since I am behind everyone else, but I did get 2 batches of pie crust dough made and it's ready to go for tomorrow!  Friday the class made apple pie and quiche.  I knew I wouldn't have time for the apple pie so I made the quiche and there is enough dough left over for at least one more pie.  Tonight was berry pie night and I got everything scaled out for it but I'll make it when all my berries are defrosted (it could be a day or two).

I finally got my cannoli checked off and got to take them home.  They were good (except for the extra sugar I added by mistake...SHHHH!), but we made them with mascarpone instead of the usual ricotta and I don't like it as much.  The texture just doesn't seem right.  They also had too much in them for my taste.  They were made with pistachios, chocolate and orange zest.  Everyone I gave one to liked them though, so that's something.



The finished quiche.  It has spinach, mushrooms, garlic and feta.  


My frozen berries for my pie.  Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries...YUM!

Tomorrow we have a choice: Chocolate cream or Lemon chiffon....I'd like to do the lemon chiffon but it is complicated and if I don't get done, I'm that much farther behind.  I don't know.  I'll look at the recipe tonight and decide. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment