Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 62

Today we made more things to plate tomorrow and played with sugar more.

First we made Dalek Bumps of Panna Cotta and froze them


then strawberry mousse that will be topped with a blackberry glacage (glah sahj), a thin layer of jelly


Then we played with caramel batter which is kind of like the fortune cookies.  When they come out of the oven they're very hot and flexible


I made them into spiffy shapes and bowls and such


Then I put THIS boiling liquid molten lava sugar


into this lovely giant paper coronet (yeah, OW)


and made THESE!  

Then it was time to plate stuff!


Here is the bread pudding with caramel sauce and creme anglaise with a caramel horn full of fruit


and here's the Flan.  The sauce you see is the caramel that was in the bottom of the ramekin before it was baked and then I added some blueberries and a sugar spiral.  

The plating is fun, I like it, though I feel I could definitely use the practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment