Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 53

Today was great!  I was right, I needed all day to do my cake, but it was worth it.  I won't say it was perfect, but it wasn't bad for not having decorated a cake in quite a while.


I started with a 3-layer lemon chiffon cake filled with lemon Italian Meringue Buttercream


Then I piped shells all the way around (the sides are supposed to be textured like that)


Our requirements were 3 roses and 5 leaves.  I love doing roses and I did 4 but the last one didn't turn out well (turns out my teacher standing behind me going "Hmmm" makes me very nervous)


I added a few extra vines down the back, just for fun


As per my usual, the chocolate writing was not great (my penmanship sucks when it's NOT in liquid chocolate), but it works

I gave this cake to my coworker, Nakia since lord knows I don't need ANOTHER cake in my house! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment