Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 55

Omg, I'm so sorry for not keeping up with this this past week!  I've been so busy trying to get stuff for my cake done at work (which I'm not technically supposed to do but...shhhhh!) that I haven't had a chance to post anything.  I have taken pictures along the way though.  I will start back at the beginning.

So my blue sugarpaste is made, right?  Right.  Now it's just a matter of getting it on the cake dummies...not too difficult, right?  Uh, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Turns out that large amounts of gel coloring changes the structure of sugarpaste enough to make it nearly impossible to work with successfully, so here we go.  It took me the entire day to get one dummy covered (and not even covered well) because I kept having to re-roll my sugar paste and it just wouldn't work.  We finally put it between two sheets of plastic and that seemed to work pretty well.


I finally got it rolled out and on the cake...maybe I can just leave it like this?


Noooo....I spent, like, forever and a half trying to get this to smooth out (which it never really did)


I made this at work.  He's an Adipose (http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Adipose) but not quite done.  He'll go on the cake somewhere


These are the letters I piped out in Royal Icing for one of the bands.  It's High Gallifreyan for "Hello Sweetie"

Royal icing is neat stuff.  It will go from liquid to rock hard in 24 hours and works great for anything that needs to look fragile but still be able to stand up.  It's still very breakable but I think it will work for my purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment