Today we used the danish dough we laminated yesterday to make tasty things.
Because of the yeast, when the dough came out of the fridge, it was very puffy
I flattened it out and divided it into 3 pieces, cutting a 4-inch strip from one side and cutting the remainder in half
The 4-inch strip then acquired a log of almond paste mixture
From there, I folded it over to enclose the filling and cut it into 4-inch pieces
After making some more cuts, *voila* BEARCLAWS!
After being eggwashed, almonded and proofed, they get baked til they're tasty
While those were proofing, I pulled out one of the larger pieces of dough and laid it out on a cutting board.
Mmm, cinnamon and sugar!
Sorry for the bad pictures here, folks, I forgot my camera so I took all of these with my phone.
Tune in next time for more tastyness. :-)