Friday, August 20, 2010

The Blog of the Future (dodoododoodooooo)

Some of you may be wondering what will happen to this blog now that I am done with the program at OCI.  Well, I intend to keep it, though the content will change a bit over time.

I still have the 2-month externship at the Brasserie Montmartre (more on that in a few) and I fully intend to keep you all updated with that!  After that, I am planning a trip to Europe and then back home to VA for a bit before coming back here (right now the plan is to be back around the first of the year) and starting *nom*.  Now, while I originally created this site so that my friends and family could follow my journey through OCI, I named it The Rise of *nom* for a reason.  I am pretty much considering everything from the day I started school as contributing to starting this restaurant, so I intend to keep the blog going throughout.  There probably won't be as many pictures but I will post as often as I can.

So...my externship.  I met with Sarah, the kitchen manager/sous chef at the Brasserie today.  She gave me a run down of what they need and what I will be doing, etc.  I have to say, I am exceedingly excited and more than a little intimidated.  They just lost their pastry chef and they don't have any other dedicated pastry people which leaves...me.  They want me to help them re-vamp their dessert menu and come up with new items and platings.  OMG!  Saturday will be my first official day and they want me to come in and just make stuff, try out recipes, etc.  While I am confident I can do it, I am definitely a little nervous about it.  This is an amazing opportunity to prove myself and improve my talents and it's HUGE!  *SQUEE*

No comments:

Post a Comment