Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 1

OMG, WOW!  Today was the first day of class and it was great!  We didn't do much, mostly just got a tour around the school and got introduced to the way things will work over the next 8 weeks.  It was so exciting to be there in my chef uniform and get my new pastry/knife kit and all my new toys, I can't wait for tomorrow!


Yay OCI!



My Chef/Teacher Chef Wednesday Wild
(sorry about my hair, I had a hat on, lol)


Our classroom board with all the pertinent information


Twelve of us in class, our new toys all laid out for us


New spiffy stuff!!



The two main text books


The spiffiest digital thermometer EVAR!



The flat scales we were issued...this thing is about 1/2 an inch thick.



*Angels Singing* AHHHHHHH!  This is our pastry kit.  We have 4 very awesome, very sharp knives, measuring cups and spoons, a citrus rind curler, a microplane, a peeler, icing tips, scissors and 2 offset spatulas.  So cool!


The school break room 


The very awesome rack full of spiffy pans I wish I had at home



Our kitchen classroom.  The woman in black is Chef Hammer and she's talking to our token male.



The other half of the kitchen


This is what we made tonight, parchment paper coronets.  They are used for drizzling chocolate and such.  They're harder than they look, there can't be any hole AT ALL in the tip of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment